The Little Things That Make a Difference

Its the little things that can make the biggest difference. In today's society, we get caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle of life, that when we are home with our sweetheart, we can get comfortable and relaxed. Not that this is a bad thing, in fact we should be very comfortable with our partners and our home life. But we should not get so comfortable we let moments to steal a kiss or say something nice slip away. And we should always make some time to look good for our partner as well.

Snuggling: I cant tell even begin to tell you how good it feels to have her sit next to me and lean against me. Mayber her head is on my shoulder, or her back is to me leaning against me. You cant help but to feel close and together when you are snuggled up close to your sweetheart. Watch a movie like that or read the paper, whatever, but its a great opportunity to let each other know that you still love to be close to each other.

Holding hands: Ok, now this is something I like to do. If I am walking with my baby, I am holding her hand. Rising in the car, any chance I have. In fact, one of my favorite commercials is the Zales commercial where the young couple is walking through the park, and they pass an elderly couple on their walk holding hands. The younger lady looks back at the older couple as she passes, and has that look like she see her and her man like that many years down the line. If I can still walk when I'm old and grey, I'm going to be holding my baby's hand. Its just a great feeling.

Kissing: I cant get enough kisses. I even like to sneak a kiss when we are out. maybe not when everyone is looking, but if no one is around in the near vicinity, I'm going to sneak a kiss. Maybe we get caught, maybe not, who knows, and really who cares. Maybe we will remind someone else how important a kiss is. Remember the first kiss with your partner? I do. And I still feel that feeling every time I kiss her even today. And I intend to kiss her any chance I can get for decades to come.

Calling or texting: Now I was not into texting when I met my sweetheart, but I text her every day now. We talk on the phone too when we aren't busy with work, but if we just have a second and we pop into each others mind, we will leave the other a nice little text message. When the other one has a break from work or errands, we read the message. It's just a nice feeling to know your other half is thinking of you. And with a text message, you dont have to take the time for a call, its just a few seconds to say how beautiful she is, or how you cant wait to give him a kiss. Go ahead try it. You might be surprised when you see each other later in the day how big their smile is.

Hugging: Give each other hugs! If you aren't hugging and kissing your baby, someone else might. Its an essential part of feeling secure and loved. Think about when you were a kid. Or even think about your kids. What is one of the first things they do if they haven't seen you all day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment